Experienced Consultant in EIFS Use and Installation
About John Edgar
- Graduated Ryerson Polytechnical Institute [now Ryerson University], Architectural Technology, Building Science.
During the past 40+ years
- Tested EIFS details with a DC3 plane engine (the details worked),
- First (and probably only) person to build a two storey inside-out building as an EIFS durability test chamber,
- Obtained a patent, with Paul Wesley, for pressure-equalized rain screen EIFS,
- Prepared hundreds of isometric illustrations showing how EIFS is assembled and integrated with other cladding elements.
Been involved in codes and standards
- First Chair of the ULC S716 Task Group preparing EIFS standards for Canadian code
- Member (1990 – 2003), NBCC Standing Committee Environmental Separation (Part 5)
- Member ASTM and ANSI EIFS standard development committees
- Currently is Convenor, ISO EIFS Work Group (ISO TC163 SC03 WG09) International Organization for Standards.
In his EIFS career has been
- Founding member of the EIFS Council of Canada (ECC) 1987
- President of the ECC (1990-1992)
- Member of the ECC Board of Directors (2010-2020)
- Chairman of the ECC (2014-2016)
- Member of the USA EIFS Industry Members Association (EIMA), member of the EIMA Technical Committee and Chair of the Natural Exposure Test Facility Project, South Carolina.
- Ontario Building Envelope Council (OBEC), Construction Specifications Canada (CSC), American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
To Explore How I Can Help You With EIFS